These were the products I received in this months bag. I’m pretty happy with everything except the fact that I got another mascara, I’m completely over getting mascara from ipsy! My favorite products would have to be the nailtini polish, it’s such a pretty rose gold color and the starlooks eyeliner, it’ll be perfect for winter. The bag itself has to be my favorite bag so far, it’s too gorgeous!
Be a bombshell lip crayon in shameless
Nailtini polish in Champagne
Pixi bronzer in Subtly Suntouched
BH cosmetics Galaxy Chic baked Eyeshadow in Sun
Starlooks Gem Eyeliner in Amethyst
Those of you have are subscribed to ipsy what did you receive, and were you happy with this months bag.
I started watching True Blood last night, and needless to say I’M ADDICTED.
So today I woke up and felt like wearing a dark vampy lip with dark eye makeup.
For the eyes I used the LORAC Pro Palette
and for the lips I lined and filled them in with NYX lip liner in deep purple then used MAC Just A Bite on top
I’ve been wanting to purchase some eyeshadows from Makeup Geek for a while except I’m not too much of a fan of online shopping. I like the instant gratification of trying and using things as soon as I buy them, but I finally decided it was time to buy some of their gorgeous eyeshadows.
Makeup Geek was started by the beautiful YouTube beauty Guru Marlena [http://www.youtube.com/user/MakeupGeekTV] I’ve read nothing but great reviews on these eyeshadows so it’s definitely time I give them a try! Also there are several colors that are dupes for M.A.C eyeshadows but a lot cheaper and the quality is the same if not better. Makeup Geek Eyeshadows sell for $5.99 where as M.A.C sells theirs for $15, and me being a college student on a budget who loves makeup this was definitely a plus.
The colors I bought are:
Dirty Martini- Matte Olive Green
This is the one I’m most excited to try, I’ve been loving olive green for fall.
Boo Berry- A dark periwinkle blue with soft matte finish
Peacock- Matte deep teal blue
Utopia- A mixture of deep brown and antique gold shimmer duochrome glitter.
I ordered these on Friday so as soon as I recieve them I’ll post swatches and pictures.
My favorite part of fall is finally being able to wear dark, bold makeup. So I opted for some gold and red eyeshadow, inspired by fall leaves, with winged liner and a deep red matte lipstick.
I personally prefer matte lips :*
but I’ve just recently started warming up to the idea of wearing gloss again.
For this look I used MACs Fixed On Drama lipstick all over and dabbed a little bit of NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk in the center, then lined my lips with a black liner and used a concealer brush to blend it inward.
This was inspired by @loreleicakes (Rihanna’s Makeup Artist)
I just love the way she does makeup, and I had to try this look for myself. While I won’t find myself wearing this out and about, its just something fun to try when you’re feeling edgy or maybe even for halloween!
- Apply concealer or foundation over your lips
- Take a medium purple lipstick (I used poisonberry from lc) and apply it all over your lips
- Apply NYX jumbo pencil in milk to the center of your lip and blot your lips together to blend the colors. Keep doing this till you get the desired shade of light purple you want and till its blended.
- Line your lips with a black lip liner (or eyeliner) and use a lip brush to blend it downward into your purple so there isn’t a harsh line.
- Make sure your black liner is sharp and at the corners of your mouth start winging it out like if you were doing a cat eye. This may take a few times before you get them both even but don’t worry you’ll get it. (If you mess up just wipe it off and apply some foundation or concealer)
- Clean up the edges of your lips with your foundation/concealer